Keeping more than enough ginger in your kitchen is never a bad idea. Being a popular mix to your everyday meals, you’ll never know when it will come in handy…
- Cooking for a surprise guest
- Your pregnant wife suddenly craves food that requires ginger
- Or you just want to use it for its HEALTH BENEFITS
HEALTH BENEFITS? Yes, you heard it right. Ginger is not only good for your taste buds but also for your health.
Staying Fit With Ginger
- Increase your metabolic rate and burn fat using this kitchen ingredient. What a great way to get healthy and stay fit, right? I’m In!
- When you consume ginger it increases thermogenesis in your system. A process where your body burns fats that stay in your body to generate heat. Your body’s generated heat then makes your metabolism faster.
- That’s not all that ginger can do for you to stay fit. It also helps to stop the decrease in your metabolism as you lose weight. Achieving your goal weight is easier with the help of ginger.
- Cancer is known as one of the most unwanted diseases in the world today. Who would’ve known that a simple kitchen ingredient could help prevent such illness? A ginger a day keeps cancer away!
- The British Journal of Nutrition shows the “in vitro” and “in vivo” anti-cancer effects of ginger. This suggests that ginger is a good remedy to manage prostate cancer.
- Ginger is also proven to have anti-tumor effects that help in fighting severe types of cancers namely:
- Lung cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Colon cancer
- Breast cancer
- Skin cancer
- And Pancreatic cancer
- It has also been found to nullify toxic effects of known cancer treatments, which makes it a good addition to these drugs.
- Ever tried enduring pain caused by inflammation? If yes, you know you don’t want it again. If you haven’t, YOU DON’T WANT IT.
- Ginger is also known for its anti-inflammatory uses. A study conducted in 2001 used GINGER OIL to reduce knee pain due to osteoarthritis.
- Women athletes who took at least 3 grams of ginger every day experienced a decrease in muscle soreness. This was based on a research conducted in 2013.
- Ginger was also found able to go toe to toe with ibuprofen in relieving women’s pain due to menstrual cramps.
- Can’t breathe? Well, you can breathe easier because ginger has been found to help with treating asthma.
- The American thoracic society added ginger compounds to isoproterenol, a medication used for asthma. Ginger then increased the “bronchodilation” effects of the drug.
- Ginger then is, if not a good alternative, a good complement to increase the anti-asthma effects of your current medications for asthma.
- Are you using methods to treat diabetes or prevention? Lucky you, ginger can be the answer to both.
- Ginger has been found to be effective for Diabetes prevention and therapy.
- A diabetic took about 3 grams of dry ginger every day for 30 days; and it reduced his blood glucose, triglyceride, total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol significantly.
- It also protects a diabetic’s liver, kidneys, central nervous system, and eyes.
Nausea, Motion Sickness and Upset Stomach
- Who knew ginger is used for upset stomach and more??? It also helps with Nausea and motion sickness. Ginger can keep you from suffering these illnesses and get you back on your feet quick.
- If you’re pregnant and suffering from vomiting and nausea, taking a gram of ginger every day will help reduce, if not eliminate them both all together.
- Ginger was also found to be more effective than placebo in treating your morning sickness.
- It also helps with other types of nausea, such as cancer-induced nausea. You can also take ginger for your motion sickness.
DID YOU KNOW THAT GINGER CAN ALSO…
- Improve your cognitive function
- Enhance fat digestion and absorption
- Relieve arthritis pain
- Reduce damage and memory loss due to small stroke
- Protect you from respiratory viruses
- Protect you from toxic effects of environmental chemicals
- Prevent and treat nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Protect you from the damage dealt to your DNA due to radiation exposure
- Reduce vertigo
- Prevent heart attacks
- Protect you from drug-resistant infections
- Fight bacterial diarrhea
PROVEN AND TESTED
- People have been using ginger for 2000 years now, and even tho it is most famous in the countries of Asia, it’s also abundant in India, the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.
- Ginger’s root-like stem, or rhizome, is used for medicinal purposes, due to its abundant amount of antioxidants.
Ginger also has pharmacological benefits and some of them are:
And that’s just four of its forty plus pharmacological properties – amazing right?
HOW TO USE GINGER
“Ginger can be consumed in a lot of different ways… “
You can eat it:
- Or you can mix it into your favorite soup(s).
- You can also drink it as a tea.
“Ginger can last in your fridge for 3 weeks and in your freezer for a stunning 6 months or more ”
“Now you know why everyone in the folktale wanted to eat the gingerbread man.”
Did you like this article? Do you have other wonderful stories about the amazing ginger you would want to share? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.